Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meet Linias Mweemba


Translation by Chim:
I asked the boy what his name was .He told me that he was Linias Mweemba. Asked what grade he was doing .He told me that he was doing his grade 3 at Simwaba basic school. He says he needs a sponsor so he could continue with school .He is appealing for someone to sponsor him through the purchase of school items. He says when he is educated; he will be able to help his parents and siblings. He told me that without sponsorship it will be very difficult for him to be educated because his family can not afford the things he needs for school.
From Heather: With my little chitonga language knowledge, I hear Linias asking specifically for school books and a uniform. If you would like to sponsor Linias and help him help his family, send an e-mail to macandmic@gmail.com As a side note, I would, also, like to say how sad it is to see a child that wants to go to school and can't due to lack of funds... While, on the other side of the ocean, here in the USA, children complain and grumble about the task of going to school. They just have no idea how much value is in an education. We could learn a lot from the Zambian students! Every child deserves an education!

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is very good when the children are able to communicate their needs. He seems like a very sweet young man. Hope he finds a sponsor soon!

    ReplyDelete