Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meet Ngandu Nchimunya #558

This is Ngandu (pronounced "Nandu").  She is 14 years old and in the 8th grade.  She recently wrote a letter to her potential sponsor.  Part of her letter says:
"I am a grade 8 girl in Munenga Basic School.  I am taking English, Mathematics, Science, Civics, History, Geography, Tonga, Religious Education, and Home Economics. 
I am 14 years old and I have 2 brothers and 6 sisters.  I am number 3 in my family... I am walking 7 kilometers to and from school everyday."


Ngandu wants to be a teacher, but she will need encouragement.  Her parents are supporting 9 children, and they will not be able to afford to send her to school much longer.  The girls are always the first ones to be pulled out of school.  I believe Ngandu's older sister is Chabota #544 who, also, is in danger of getting pulled out of school.  If you would like to sponsor Ngandu, send an e-mail to macandmic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment