Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meet Machila Hangoma #592

This handsome young man is Machila.  He has a birthday coming up soon on April 21st.  He will turn 13 years old, and will officially be considered a teenager.  He is currently in grade 6, and would like to be a teacher or a pilot when he grows up.  For fun, he likes to play football with his friends.  He recently wrote a letter to his potential sponsor.  Here is a little bit of what he wrote:
"If you visited my village, you would like to know how I live, eat, dress, and even how I sleep.  Also know about my family.
If I could change one thing in my village, I would change the state of living which is not to the required standard.
My favorite animal is the cow because I like drinking milk.
If I could have any superpower I would like to be able to build a house because our house we live in is not good.
I also want to tell you that I am in grade 6.  I walk 7 km to and from school everyday.  I have one brother and one sister.  I am 3rd born in my family.  I stay with my parents who actually help me with the few things they can afford."

Talk about a bright young man!!  Machila is looking for someone who can support his schooling, so that he will have a chance to change his village and lift everyone up!  If you would like to sponsor Machila, send an e-mail to macandmic@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. What an intelligent and impressive young man. I wish that I could take him on at this time, but I can not.. I will keep him in mind for the future though..I am amazed at some of these children. I know that they dream big, they see far beyond themselves, they want to make their villages better not just for themselves but for their families and the other villagers

    ReplyDelete