Friday, March 11, 2011

Meet Clivert Mweemba #372

Clivert is one of our oldest (if not THE oldest) 7th graders.  Due to financial hardships, he has missed getting a complete education.  He is now, 19 years old, and will actually be tuning 20 while still in 7th grade.  His grandmother has a difficult time paying for her grand children's education.  He will likely not get into 8th grade as the school costs go up immensely.  In spite of this, he has big plans. 

In his recent letter to his potential sponsor, he wrote many encouraging things:

"If I could change one thing in my village, I would change the illiteracy rate because my people do not see the importance of an education. 
If I could have any superpower, I would like to be able to do gardening because I would be able to earn extra income through selling of fruit and vegetables.
I'm very energetic and innovative in terms of supporting the community and environment by discouraging people from massive cutting down of trees and charcoal burning in order to prevent global warming."

You can see he is unique and would really like the opportunity to continue his education.  If you would like to sponsor Clivert, send an e-mail to macandmic@gmail.com

Update: Clivert is now sponsored!!  Thank you, Annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment