Thursday, June 3, 2010

Write to Your Sponsor Child in Chitonga!!

Chim has provided this simple introductory letter for all of us to be able to write to our young sponsored children in their native language! I gave him some blanket statements and questions and he provided the translations. You will see the English followed by its Chitonga translation. Now I can write to my other 2 children, and their letter won't have to be translated! Yay!!

Dear

Oyandwa –

Hi, How are? My name is …………, and I am your sponsor!

Kwamba ulibuti? Izina Lyangu ndime ……….alimwi ndime mungwasi wako!

I am so happy to have the opportunity to get to know you and your family.

Ndakondwa kujana chiindi chakukuziba amukwasi wako.

I would like to tell you a little about me.

Ndiyanda kuti ndikuzibye kusyoonto mbwebede.

I am …….. Years old.

Myaka yangu ………

I am a mother

Ndili muzyali

I am a father

Ndili mwalumi

I am a woman

Ndi mukantu

I have……. Children. Their names are ………….

Ndilaabana bali ………… mazyina abo mbaa……….

I live in the U.S.A

Ndikala Kwa melika

I live in Canada

Ndikala kukanda

For fun, I like to

Zysobano, ndiyandisya

Kubala (read)

Nyendo zyakukwela (travel)

Garden - zyakusyanga

Run – kuzuzaana

Exercise –Zyakusobana

Making things- zyakupanga- panga

Take picture – kufotola

Ride bikes – kuchouvwa nchiinga

What do you do for fun?

Nchinzi nchochita zyakusobana?

Do you like your school?

Hena ulayanda chikolo

I hope to get a letter from you soon, and I will write to often. I send you and your family
Lots of love. I think of you often and you are in my prayers.

Ndalangila Ikutambula ilugwalo kuzwa kulinduwe lino-lino, alimwi ndinokulembela lyoonse.

Ndakutumina luyando a mukwasyi wako oonse.

Ndiyeya nduwe lyoonse alimwi ndakubbika mumipailo.


Love

Luyando

Your sponsor

Mugwasyi wako

(the child pictured above is Maurren from the video entitled "Meet Maureen"- She is still in need of a sponsor)

No comments:

Post a Comment