Saturday, June 26, 2010

Meet Leonard Hachilala #657

This is 13 year old Leonard. As you can see, he is in desperate need of a sponsor. He needs medical attention for his eye. It is hard enough to survive in rural Zambia, but it is even harder when you have medical issues you can not afford to take care of. I can't imagine how that must feel!
I do remember when I was laid off. My family was suddenly uninsured because we could not afford the $1,400 a month COBRA payment. Suddenly, I was suffering from bronchitis and couldn't do a thing for myself because I couldn't afford health care. Imagine how that must be for Leonard. My situation was temporary. His is permanent. His parents financial situation is not changing, so without sponsorship, he has no hope for medical relief.
Leonard is in the 6th grade and has a birthday on April 22. He likes to read (even more reason to get help for his eye!). His favorite subject is English, and he would like to be a teacher when he grows up. He lives in Naleza with his grandparents, 4 brothers and 3 sisters. He helps his grandparents by cultivating the family garden.

If you can sponsor Leonard for only $9 a month, please click "sponsor primary student" in the upper right hand corner of the blog. If you would like to help him get medical treatment, click on "make one-time donation" and specify that you would like the funds to be used for Leonard. He will be so grateful for any help provided!

UPDATE- Leonard is SPONSORED!! Thank you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment