Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Care Package to Zambia- Arrival



The first care package has arrived in Zambia!! While it seems like it took forever to get there, it took just a little over 1 month. These items will be distributed to the children in the June distribution!!! One small note, please make sure to mark your package as a gift with $0 value! Zambia will collect taxes if you do not do this. I marked the box with a $1 value because I thought I have to put something. The Zambia team was charged 6,500 Kwacha to pick up the package (US$1.27). Just something to make a mental note of.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! The package made it and it looks great. I know that the kids will love the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily the package arrived before June distribution day!! That means the children will get the bears along with their uniforms. I will post as soon as I know the exact date of distribution- Right now, the Zambia team is busy making all of the preparations!! They picked up the wire this morning and now have a whole list of things to do before the big day! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete