Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Emelda Mixup

Update: The sponsorship of Emeldah is pending.

I would like to introduce you to a child named Emelda. Elmelda Mwaka is in the 5th grade. She lives with her parents, 1 brother and 3 sisters in Moonga. She wants to be a teacher when she grows up.

Now, this is what happened:

This Emelda Mwaka arrived at June distribution. For some reason, there was a child mix up. The Zambia team requested for Emeldah Moonga to come forward to get her sponsorship items. A fight broke out and both girls thought that they were the child that was supposed to be getting the items. It wasn't until after the distribution, when the photos came out that everything was discovered. Emelda Mwaka believes she is sponsored, but she does not currently have a sponsor. I would really like to get her a sponsor before the next distribution, so that she won't know she wasn't sponsored. I would hate for someone to have to break the news to her.

If you can help this sweet little girl, it is only $9 a month to sponsor her! Click on "sponsor primary child".

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Add Emelda to my kids. I am sad that she had to give up the items for now. I like that she is a fighter and she will go far in life. I will send you all the money on the 15th. I will try to send it through paypal so it gets there sooner. Thanks Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that she has a sponsor now!

    ReplyDelete