Monday, March 26, 2012

Exciting News!

So many exciting things ahead!  I am anxious to unveil them! 
First, I want to mention that we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary.  I am excited that the program is improving yet again in many ways. 
Here are some of the changes that you will already see in the child's account on the Mwana Hope website:
You will now see letters that the child has written!!  This means that you can read their letters before you decide to sponsor them.  You will see how they write, what they write about, information on their family and home life, and more!  I have uploaded all of the letters for children with the highest child ID numbers, and I will be uploading all of the letters that I have within the week. 
Additionally, annual reports will be uploaded in the child's account as they are received.  Check out Benny Mwiinga #730's account to see what they look like.  This is the easiest way to get information back on the children, so I sent a test batch to several of them.  Now, I am sending out more of these reports so that they can be filled out the next time Chim and crew get to Mazabuka. 
Having digital uploads of these paper items will save us hundreds of dollars a year in postage, which means more money gets to the communities themselves. 
I, also, like the idea of being able to go into the child's account to reread letters they have written.  When I write to a child, I always have to look back at the letter they wrote to me to remember their questions and conversation.  This digital letter means I can look back at their last letter and the one before and before that, and before that...
I just love it, and I hope you do, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment