Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Boy to be Healed


Clever's condition has worsened.  It just kills me to see him like this.  This is not acceptable for any child!!  They are not sure what is ailing his tummy, but the malnutrition is something that is 100% preventable.  I have to think that Clever's mother didn't know there was help out there and that is why it took so long for her to reach out to CHILDHOPE. 

Now that she has reached out, the situation is so dire, that I just pray we are given enough time (by God) to save this child. 

In many poor countries malnutrition is so rampant that most mothers have seen at least one of their children die.   Can you imagine?!  If that does not speak a thousand words, I don't know what does!  If you are a mother, you can expect that at least one of your children will die!  I have 2 daughters myself, and even if I had 11 children, it would be too much for me to watch 1 of those 11 children die!!  How these ladies are strong enough to carry on and do the best for their children in spite of these extreme heartaches I do not know.

Imagine being a mother and seeing your child like this and not being able to do anything  about it.  This is not my child, but yet, I feel like all of these children are my responsibility.  I just wish I could get to the hospital and put my arms around them and harrass the doctors and nurses to get them the care they need.  Since I can't, I will do all that I can do from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment