Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet Bubala 109

I would like you to meet a sweet 9th grader named Bubala.  She is one of our young ladies that has been passed from one relative to the next, and does not have any support from whichever relative she lives with at the time.  Last year, in April, she was living with her uncle... Then, she went to live with her grandfather... Now, according to her latest letter, she has been abandoned again and now lives with a relative that does not work. 

She can not stay in school this year, unless she can get a sponsor.  She wants to be a lawyer, but she now doesn't think she will even get her grade 9 certificate.  Here is what her latest letter said:
"How are you by this lovely time? If you are fine and me also am fine.

First of all I want to tell you a small note, I have a serious problem of which I need your advice. I am unable to raise enough money to buy a uniform or pay for my school fees. This is because my grandfather has left employment and has gone to settle in northern province.

I am being looked after by a relative who does not work. I am wondering whether I should just stop school altogether. You have probably noticed that the standard of my work has deteriorated and that I have been absent from school several times recently.

I would be most grateful for your advice on this matter.

Yours sincerely,
Hakasenke, Bubala (109)"

As you can see, Bubala is not faring well with her latest family situation.  If you would like to help Bubala and become her sponsor, please send an e-mail to macandmic@gmail.com

Update: Bubala now has a sponsor!!  Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. I so desperately wish I could take her on at the moment. I am begging all that i know to either sponsor her or at the least assist her with the items that she needs.. and see what i can work out.. as i feel this young lady truly will follow through.. and do something if she is given a chance.

    ReplyDelete